Saturday 2 October 2010

Days 10 & 11

Day 10

The felucca ride was amazing. I sailed, I made friends, we chatted, we swam in the Nile. We only sailed about 7 KM and then we took the bus to Kom Ombo (temple of Sorbek) and Edfu (temple of Horus) before driving to Luxor.

Terry and I joined another guy, Derek, and checked into a triple room. It took a few hours of searching before we found a place we liked.

At night we checked out Luxor Museum. It was excellent!


Day 11

I took a tour that covered the highlights of Luxor. A little rushed but well worth it. Visiting the sights in Luxor independently is a nightmare. I paid the tour company to arrange my transport back to Cairo. I haven't had any confirmations yet, but hopefully I should be on a train (or possibly bus) back to Cairo tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't make up stuff. You're a lawyer, you don't have a life..