Friday 11 July 2008

Arrival in Singapore

After submitting my passport to the Singapore High Commission in KL yesterday, I spent last night in Melaka. I'm pretty broke so took a dorm bed and hoped no one would steal my stuff. Went up to KL this afternoon to collect my passport and then took the bus down to Singapore. The bus there was pretty standard price (RM30) but the bus back (which I had to buy in advance for immigration purposes) cost RM75! I was badly ripped off but that was the only place I found that sold a ticket back.

I was singled out and had to spend 45 minutes in a separate room in customs, where I had to fill in some form. My bus almost left me behind. Its only because my new friends in the bus pleaded to the driver to wait for me that I the driver waited for me. The joys of holding a Pakistani passport. Bus arrived outside this rauncy Thai mall at Beach Street. Awful. Staying at Nazir's place. Plan tomorrow is to head down to Orchard MRT and take a SIA Hop on Hop off bus.

No comments: