Saturday 12 July 2008

Singapore

Wow. Singapore is fantabulously dazzling. I didn't know what to take pictures of. Every few seconds there's something stunning. I took the Singapore Airline Hop on Hop off bus, which took me around to most of the tourist attractions (except the bit where the Merlion and Esplanade are because those roads were closed for national day parade rehearsals). My day included viewing impromptu Singapore airforce rehearsals for national day, fireworks above Esplanade (a stunning building itself), an art-house play, hanging around the legendary Raffles hotel (maintaining its c. 1915 colonial architecture), Singapore Art Museum (modern South East Asian art) and the usual tourist sights. And yes, I did go to the shopping malls. Very little shopping though. I'm skint.

My bus back to KL is due to leave tomorrow at 3pm. But I might end up staying in Singapore for another day. We shall see.

No comments: