Tuesday 8 July 2008

KT

Farah got me in touch with her cousin in KT and he showed me around. Saw Pasar Payar, where there was batik and all sorts of food on sale. Although its neither as big as Chow Kit in KL nor has as much variety, I liked it better. I was compelled to try eating a tortoise egg. Got very grossed out and didn't do much except lick it. And one of the aunties selling stuff gave me lots of Malay sweet dishes for free when I seemed intrigued at what they were. She kept of saying 'try this, try that' and I ended up taking home things I couldn't eat there.

Plans for Taman Negara have been scrapped. It would take me two days just to get to camp headquarters from KT. I was thinking of scrapping Singapore plans instead but looks like I'll end up going. After my poor exam results yesterday, I'm not too keen on making the prolonged trip to TN and then spend another two days there. Maybe for another time. I'd like to return to Malaysia to go to Sabah and Sarawak. Maybe then.

So, I'll stay in Terengganu for another day. I hope to take a day trip to Pulau Redang tomorrow and then head back to KL in the evening. The amazingly efficient Singapore authorities, after taking only two weeks to process my visa application (sic) will take two days to give me my now-approved visa. So I have to give my passport on Thursday morning, only to get it back on Friday afternoon. Which means bumming around in KL for another two days. Oh well. I think I've had enough excitement for one trip. TN would've been nice if I was still in the mood.

No comments: