Wednesday 18 June 2008

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Just arrived in KLIA. Couldn't help but notice the distinctively Malaysian influence in the architecture. The roof is slanted at a 45 degree angle on either side and there are these huge white pillars that meet the roof at a 45 degree angle on either side. Reminds me of Dubai airport but less glitsy. Which is good. A little bit more authentic.

My flight arrived in KL 40 minutes late but no worries. What's 40 minutes of a month huh? Besides, I got 40 minutes extra sleep, which I desperately needed. So now I'm going to call my friend Farah and arrange to meet up with her this evening. The original plan was to meet in KL but a quick look at the map of the peninsula made me realise that it made more sense to meet her in Melaka (she lives in Melaka). Anyway, will write again this evening with my Malaysian number and details about what I'm going to do until the weekend.

3 comments:

Jonathan Lim said...

it appears that you are in malaysia at a very crucial time.

a no-confidence motion is reportedly to be tabled against the prime minister on monday, and one minority party from within the ruling coalition has already hopped over.

Dave Cole said...

Hey Shayaan,

Hope you have a great time - I'll be reading regularly!

I've added you to my blogroll.

xD.

Shayaan said...

Hey Dave,

Thanks! Hope you're keeping well!

Shayaan